8 oz mushroom
4/3 large size onion
2 cups non-fat milk
1 tbsp. fat-free cream cheese
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon coconut oil or olive oil
1 teaspoon molasses (1/2 for people with diabetes)
2 pcs walnuts (optional)
- Wash mushrooms thoroughly using wash cloth or small brush. Pat dry with paper towel. Thinly slice.
- Cut onion into thin slices.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet. Sauté the onion and walnuts until browned (make sure the onion is thoroughly browned, it will give the soup sweetness and a really nutty flavor).
- Add milk, nutmeg, molasses, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil on low heat.
- Allow it to cool down to room temperature then fill it into a blender.
Mushrooms are rich in fiber. The natural oily and nutty flavor of mushrooms makes this soup taste great even without use of much oil. This simple recipe is perfect for people who have to stay on a low fat and low calorie diet.
To gain the most benefit from the mushroom’s medicinal properties, including vitamin B mushrooms are naturally a great source of (but that gets destroyed once high temperature is applied during cooking) it is recommended to eat raw mushrooms. It makes a wonderful ingredient for salads. Raw mushrooms have an effect of reducing glucose level in our bodies.
Note: This recipe is intended for those people who have to avoid eating certain types of foods due to the health related issues. This recipe will also perfectly suit those who simply want to loose and/or maintain their weight.