Quinoa Pasta Soup
For the fish:
1 whole white fish or filet with skin (either branzino, snapper or sea bass)
Salt and pepper
1teaspoon chopped tarragon
1teaspoon olive oil
For the soup:
6-8 little neck clams
2 sticks celery, cut in pieces
1 medium sized potato, cut in
2 cloves garlic, crushed
5-8 grape tomatoes
5-6 green olives
Salt and pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
3/4 cup clam blanching (soup ?)water
1/4 cup chicken broth (alternatively fish broth or kelp broth ?stock)
For the garnish:
1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
– Sprinkle the salt over fish and set aside to drain on a paper towel for 15–20 minutes to
expel the excess water in the fish.
– Remove drained fish from the paper towel and sprinkle with tarragon.
– Wash clams with a brush thoroughly and soak in salt water, in a stainless steel bowl,
overnight. If clams are not soaked overnight, the clams can be blanched in 2 cups of
water. Once the shells have opened, remove from the bottom of skillet and wash each
clam individually in the same water used for blanching. Then strain the water into a
separate container. This water is later used for the clam soup.
– Cut all vegetables into small pieces.
1. Heat olive oil in a skillet and add garlic, celery and olives and sauté for 5–6 minutes at medium heat.
2. Add clam soup (strained water from earlier), chicken broth and a potato and simmer until the potato is tender.
3. In a large frying pan, heat olive oil and add fish . Grill? at medium heat until fish is browned. This will take between 5-8 minutes depending on the size of the fish.
4. Add the entire soup content, and clams tomatoes and paprika in to frying pan. Cover and simmer at medium low heat for 5-7 minutes.
5. Add some salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
Note: Fish and clams make a tasty and flavorful broth, so salt is usually not needed.
Nutritional Facts and Comments:
Fish is rich in protein and low in fat. The fish oil is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, DHA and EDP. Clams contain a lot of minerals and turin that helps reduce and stabilize high blood pressure, reduce cholesterol, fortify the liver and can also act as a preventative means for diabetes.
Pancreatitis, Diabetic, BHP, low sodium, Fish